Country Hills

Country Hills, Calgary Map

2017 Calgary Municipal (Civic) Election Information for Country Hills, Calgary


What Calgary Ward is Country Hills in?


Country Hills is currently in Ward 4, but will be in Ward 3 after the Ward boundaries are redrawn on Calgary civic Election Day. The current councillor is Sean Chu, who is not running in Ward 3 in October. You will need to vote for a different City Councillor.


Who is Running for City Council for Country Hills, Calgary?


Until Nomination Day (September 18, 2017), there are officially no candidates, just people who have expressed an interest fundraising towards a nomination. 2 have already officially dropped out of the race, and a couple others are no-shows so far. There may also be latecomers all the way up to Nomination Day.

One candidate that we know for certain will be running is Ian McAnerin, who we believe is the best choice because of his commitment to transparency, dedication to the community, and belief in balancing the needs of the community with fiscal responsibility towards taxpayers.


When is Election Day 2017 for Country Hills, Calgary?


Election Day for the City of Calgary, which includes City Council, Mayor, and School Board Trustees, is on October 16, 2017.


Where do I Vote for Country Hills Candidates?

You are in voting subdivision 304.

The voting locations for the municipal election have not been posted yet. We will update this page when they are.


How do I Register to Vote for Country Hills in Ward 3?


If you filled out the Calgary Civic Census and registered to vote during it, then you are already registered to vote.

If you completed the census but did not register to vote while doing it, you may do so by calling (403) 476-4100 (Option 3).

Finally, you can show up at the voting area with at least one form of acceptable ID proving your identity and residence in Country Hills, Ward 3, Calgary.


What If I Can’t Vote in Country Hills on Election Day?


Advance Voting, Mail-in Ballots, Voting at Home and Voting in the Hospital are all options. You will need to provide acceptable ID.

Advance Voting is from October 4-11, 2017.

More information will be posted when it becomes available.


What Kind of ID do I Need to Prove I’m Eligible to Vote in Country Hills?


One form of the following ID containing your Country Hills address is acceptable:

  • Alberta Driver’s License or Identification Card
  • Official Mailed Statement, Cheque or Bill from a Bank, government agency, utility company, landlord, or post-secondary school.
  • Attestation of Identity and Residence from an authorized authority at a homeless shelter, correctional institute, landlord, post-secondary school, First Nations Band/Reserve, or treatment centre.


Please Notify Me When This Page is Updated